Calculating Risk vs Detecting Disease: Changing the Cardiovascular Prevention Paradigm Using Cardiac CT∗
1. "Clinical indications for coronary artery calcium scoring in asymptomatic patients: expert consensus statement from the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography". J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr 2017;11:157-168.
2. "Coronary artery calcium for personalized allocation of aspirin in primary prevention of cardiovascular disease in 2019: the MESA Study (Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis)". Circulation 2020;141:1541-1553.
3. "Impact of statins on cardiovascular outcomes following coronary artery calcium scoring". J Am Coll Cardiol 2018;72:3233-3242.
4. "The identification of calcified coronary plaque is associated with initiation and continuation of pharmacological and lifestyle preventive therapies: a systematic review and meta-analysis". J Am Coll Cardiol Img 2017;10:833-842.
5. "2019 ACC/AHA guideline on the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Clinical Practice Guidelines". J Am Coll Cardiol 2019;74:e177-e232.
6. "Risk assessment for cardiovascular disease with nontraditional risk factors: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation Statement". JAMA 2018;320:272-280.
7. "Use of coronary artery calcium scanning beyond coronary computed tomographic angiography in the emergency department evaluation for acute chest pain: the ROMICAT II trial"8:Circ Cardiovasc Imaging, 2015.
8. "Prognostic value of coronary artery calcium in the PROMISE Study (Prospective Multicenter Imaging Study for Evaluation of Chest Pain)". Circulation 2017;136:1993-2005.
9. "Contrast agent volume for coronary computed tomography angiography imaging in current clinical practice". J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr 2022;16:191-193.
10. "Coronary atherosclerosis in an asymptomatic U.S. population: Miami Heart Study at Baptist Health South Florida". J Am Coll Cardiol Img 2022;15:1604-1618.
11. "Prevalence of subclinical coronary artery atherosclerosis in the general population". Circulation 2021;144:916-929.
12. "Low-attenuation noncalcified plaque on coronary computed tomography angiography predicts myocardial infarction: results from the Multicenter SCOT-HEART Trial (Scottish Computed Tomography of the HEART)". Circulation 2020;141:1452-1462.
13. "Association of age with the diagnostic value of coronary artery calcium score for ruling out coronary stenosis in symptomatic patients". JAMA Cardiol 2022;7:36-44.